Saturday 15 October 2016

Heading south

It was a long drive down to Playa Larga but well worth it. The town, or rather village seems to be having a major refurbishment. There were piles of sand and gravel everywhere.  Our casa was lovely though. Casa Frank had the first decent shower we have yet had in Cuba. The beach was stunning.  My first experience of a Caribbean beach. White sand, shady trees and water the most beautiful colour of aquamarine.  It is also shallow here and warm! That was the biggest surprise to walk into a sea and feeling as if it was a warm bath.

After a huge dinner we went for a stroll and came across a bar with a band. After a few drinks we were brave enough to have a dance. Well I suppose we should really. No one laughed so I'll take that as a good sign.

The next day after another very large breakfast we headed off to Cienfuegos.  On the way we stopped of at a bay which operated as a mini resort. It is in the middle of nowhere and the road to it was , shall I say , challenging.  Caleta Buena lived up to its name.  It is a sheltered bay with a coral reef. As the reef was actually the shore I'm sure it isn't the most colourful but the fish.... After I got a snorkel that didn't leak I got my nerve together and spent ages looking at a fantastic variety of fish of every shape size and colour you can imagine. E said it was the best snorkeling she had ever done. I can only imagine what the offshore reef was like. It was amazing and the sunburn is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment