Thursday 1 June 2017

Back to the 20s

I like Art Deco. I wouldn't say I'm crazy about it, but it is interesting and different.                         This month is our twenty fourth wedding anniversary. I knew hubby had planned a trip away but not the destination. I guessed Saville, so was somewhat surprised to be told we were going to an island off the Devon coast. I was even less impressed when I was told, it gets cut off by the tide twice a day and has no mobile reception or wifi! WHAT is the man mad? Oh well, I had better go along with it I suppose.

As we drove down the hill to Bigbury-on-Sea ( not Bigly as I told someone! ) we were treated to a stunning view of the hotel in all its glory.
It is there, honest, you just have to zoom in. 

We were met on the mainland and driven across the sand to the hotel. Walking though the doors, we realised we had stepped back in time. The place is perfect. 





No comments:

Post a Comment