Wednesday 17 July 2019

Back to the U.S. of A.

We haven't been to the States for a few years. Now it was time to visit Little Sis again. We have been here a number of times now, so to be honest I'm not fussed about going into New York, particularly as the temperature is in the 90s. Little Sis lives in New Jersey, about 1 hour from Manhattan. We are planning a road trip to Pittsburgh and Amish country. But first we have a few days to spend locally.
Unlike me, Sis is energetic and loves her exercise class. She attends a number of classes a week and took me along to her Kundalini Yoga class. ( OK I know , I often miss name it, can you blame me? ) . I actually enjoyed the class. It involves meditation as well as exercise, so I'm sure it did me good.
The www is a wonderful source of info. We went to visit a Zinc mine called Stirling Hill Mine. The mine closed in the 1980s. It is a great place to visit on a hot day. Its main claim to fame are the fluorescent rocks which were quite spectacular.


No comments:

Post a Comment